SG S2 E3: Ennui has set in.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 by
Don't worry, little lambs. Even though the PR juggernaut is mightily rolling along this week, we haven't forgotten our little crop of overproduct'd stylists. Let's talk hair.


As we said earlier, we weren't really wowed by anything this week. We couldn't even come up with a list of likes and dislikes. These are mostly "kindas." We kinda like it or we kinda hate it.

Darlings, ennui is not a good sign so early in the season. Our little snippers are going to have to step it up.


We honestly don't get this one. A basic updo, just messed up a bit. With a tiara.


Granted, we don't know who we would have picked to win the shortcut challenge, but that guest judge dude seemed really impressed by it. Maybe he was just hot for Charlie.


"This was not the time to make the boldest statement."

You know, Charlie, there's a lot to agree with there and we would love to ask you to expound on that thought, but OHMIGOD what the fuck are you wearing? The top of that shirt has a disturbingly "Christmas sweater" vibe to it. Unless you are headed to bell choir practice there is no excuse, young lady.


Delicious rage.

We have to say, we're loving Meredith a little more each week. Bitch just can't keep shit off her face.

As for the elimination challenge, Glenn's was probably our favorite.






We kinda liked it. It had an interesting shape to it with just enough rough edges to prevent it from looking like a wig.


It also looked beautiful from the back.


Here's the thing. You can throw around "bridal" as an insult or a critique in this sort of competition and that can sometimes make sense, but when you get right down to it, all of these elaborate updos look bridal to us on some level. Red carpet trends tend to trickle down to bridal wear anyway, so even when you're doing a more glamorous form of updo, it still looks like something a glamorous bride or maid of honor would do.








Enh. Neither love nor hate coming from here. She looks a little coneheaded, though. The back is interesting.


"I dropped the ball again."

Nekisa darling, we are made of love for you. Really. We want to go to TGIFridays with you and order big, neon-colored, fruity cocktails that come in elaborate commodes and hit on the busboys while we criticize the clothes, shoes, hair and makeup of every single woman in the place.


"I'm not cool under pressure at all."

As your newly appointed gays, it behooves us to point out that the thirty pounds of jewelry on your head and neck may be hindering you during the competition. Darling, our lobes ache just looking at you. You could fit a small child's arm through those hoops. Give yourself a break for a day or two.

As for this one:


Lose the attitude, honey. Your red carpet experience consists of the daytime Emmys once a year and your hair looks like dried straw.


[Photos: Bravotv.com - Screencaps: Tomandlorenbzo.blogspot.com]


Post a Comment

33 comments:

hello, i'm patsy stone said...

Nekisa said that she dropped the ball.

Funny thing, based on her hair, makeup and wardrobe choices, it looks like she has handled PLENTY of balls in her time. You'd think she would be almost a professional ball handler.

macasism said...

I couldn't understand how they could think Glenn's was "dated" and then rave about Charlie's Veronica Lake retread. Weird.

Glenn's and Gail's were both pretty. At least Gail can do an updo that doesn't look all frizzy.

That judge chick was really obnoxious. She had a Valley Girl vibe, bigtime.

Cher said...

"Funny thing, based on her hair, makeup and wardrobe choices, it looks like she has handled PLENTY of balls in her time. You'd think she would be almost a professional ball handler."

DAMN. So if she dresses flashy, she's a slut?

DuBois said...

My husband and I came to the same conclusion. NONE of the styles from the short cut or the elimination were worthy of high praise. Between Matthew's wife and everyone's mediochre to poor performance, this was my least favorite SG episode.

kjt said...

I love Nekisa too!
I hope that she takes you up on your offer to be her gays.
Here's to her sticking around awhile.

C'est moi, c'est moi Lola said...

"Lose the attitude, honey. Your red carpet experience consists of the daytime Emmys once a year and your hair looks like dried straw."

Mrrrroooowwwwwrrrr! Oh the bitchery!

I wish I was worthy enough to have you offer to be my gays. 'Sigh'

Another Suburban Mom said...

I agree with C'est moi, c'est moi Lola about wanting you as my gays.

Can you perhaps have a contest where you choose one of us and spend the weekend fixing us.

Maybe bring Laura B. for the ultimate experience.

David said...

"As your newly appointed gays, it behooves us to point out that the thirty pounds of jewelry on your head and neck may be hindering you during the competition. Darling, our lobes ache just looking at you. You could fit a small child's arm through those hoops. Give yourself a break for a day or two."


LOLOLOL
I love Nekisa!!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Meredith this season. Just think she has so much fun bitchery to share.

eric3000 said...

"You know, Charlie, there's a lot to agree with there and we would love to ask you to expound on that thought, but OHMIGOD what the fuck are you wearing?"

LOL! I did not understand Charlie's win on the shortcut, either. I also hated Matthew's and he was in the top two. I think I liked Dee's.

Anonymous said...

UggH! Can't stand Nekisa. No Class.
Meredith is the flavor of bitch I like.
~Zombiebirdhouse

Anonymous said...

Meredith has quickly become my favorite - she holds nothing back.

Charlie is feeling cocky (which I'm sure he loves on a different level - but then, don't we all), but he should remember that both Tabs and the Mincing Leprechan were the "front runners" in last years show and they didn't make it to the finals.

Over confidence can kill you...

Marty the Wizard

Anonymous said...

This entire episode was pretty much a miss. For all of the time they had on the red carpet challenge, none of them really delivered.

What is up with the challenges where the hair stylists aren't allowed to CUT hair?

No real faves yet but I'd have to vote for Meredith over Nekisa at this point.

Anonymous said...

I hate Sami Brady!

tripletmom96 said...

so far i'm really meh about the whole season -- i agree with the others in saying where do the shears in "shear genius" fit in? it's ridiculous having to style hair and not be allowed to do any cutting. (especially when they start out with a lousy cut - and they can't fix it????)

none of the styles rocked my boat. hope tonight's episode is better....

Rainwood said...

I don't think Jaclyn was ragging on Glenn's red carpet 'do for being bridal so much as for being something that's been done. Those curls were REALLY popular in the early 70's for weddings, proms, you name it. So she's seen that look before but maybe it's too soon to be retro chic for her. I know I looked at that 'do and saw 'Bridesmaid Revisited.' Those curls take a weed whacker and a haz mat team to get out.

And, TLo, if I crack under the pressure, will you guys become my gays too? I'm willing to go bi-coastal.

another laura said...

Thanks, hello i'm patsy stone!

This episode was a big yawn. I liked Gail's do the best, but there was not really anything to go on.

And I so hated Blonde Guest Judge Bitch. Who the hell does she think she is, Farrah Fawcett? Bad attitude, bad hair. Hated her. Just hate.

Okay, I'm breathing now. Thanks, TLo. And speaking of ball handlers, I'm off to watch the All-Star Game.

Lilithcat said...

I'm hugely worried. I adored the first season of "Shear Genius", but this year I have been incredibly unimpressed. The hairstyles on the last episode completely lacked interest and creativity. Nor were the challenges themselves particularly interesting or creative.

They need to step this up.

Isabella said...

LOL. Love the post! Meredith cracks me up. Daniel and Charlie get on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

I really didn't like the whole episode at all. Despite "red carpet" from already being a very unoriginal concept, their red carpet looked like crap!

I don't remember ever seeing a red carpet that took place on the upper level of a parking lot freshly rained on with huge pools of water covering it.

And then,to top it off, they didn't know where to put the stylists, so they decide on very tasteful sports bleachers next to the carpet.

I think they spend all their money on Rene's clothing and makeup.

Joanie said...

Your comments to Alison Sweeney were so evil. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Ok so just in, are precious Charlie just won an amazing award @ NAHA Awards this past weekend. (North American Hairstylist Awards) He won hairstylist of the year. So im sure his attitude of bitchery is way off the charts now. I love Sami Brady, no that character is an evil bitch!

Gorgeous Things said...

"OHMIGOD what the fuck are you wearing? The top of that shirt has a disturbingly "Christmas sweater" vibe to it. Unless you are headed to bell choir practice there is no excuse, young lady."

Hey! I sing with a bell choir. They dress better than that!

Anonymous said...

Whole thing was mostly blah, no?

Alison Sweeney = best part of the episode. I swear she always throws a little Sami in there when she's on other shows.

Anonymous said...

""OHMIGOD what the fuck are you wearing? The top of that shirt has a disturbingly "Christmas sweater" vibe to it. Unless you are headed to bell choir practice there is no excuse, young lady."

Oh, I don't know . . . I've conducted loads of Bell Choirs. There is ALWAYS someone with that kind of sweater on. However, no self-respecting ringer would ever wear sparkles on his/her clothes --- might scratch the bells!

profp

Jeffrey Bryan said...

"Lose the attitude, honey. Your red carpet experience consists of the daytime Emmys once a year and your hair looks like dried straw." - Obviously you've never watched Days before or you'd be scared of making comments like that.... that bitch will cut you.

Vera said...

That first one just looks like bedazzled rat's nest.

I think the second one should have been the winner.

transplanttosf said...

I'm just so happy that the first cousin of Jeb Bush is gone back to his 'Did I mention I'm straight?' wife!!!!

Jenn said...

Amen on the dried straw and the need to lose that attitude! Talk about needing to fire her gays (if she even has any).

Bryan said...

Your red carpet experience consists of the daytime Emmys once a year and your hair looks like dried straw.

How do you guys do it? It's like you are in my brain.

Anonymous said...

uuhhmmmm. 2pm on Thursday. no blog yet for last night's episode....I'M WAITING.......

Yes, yes, there is PR to contend with now, too. But boys, you started this addiction, time to ante up!

:)

Anonymous said...

ALLISON SWEENEY ROCKS.
YOUR BLOG SO DOES NOT!

Amanda said...

That last snarky comment about the chick from passion or whatever the fuck was bliss. OHHHH how I love the gays.