SG S2 E5: Sorta Likes

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 by
Darlings, we neither like nor dislike anything from last week's episode. These bitches have got to step it up and stop playing it so safe.





Enh. Whatever.

It's certainly an improvement over her previous look, but just barely.


And "just barely" seems to be Charlie's strategy for staying in the game. The judges are noticing so he better shake it up soon.



We guess we can go ahead and say that about all the entries in the shortcut challenge: better than what she came in with. Although that's largely due to the fact that what they came in with wasn't so hot. These ladies all needed makeovers.


It's not bad. A little too helmet-y, but it's got more life to it than her previous 'do. A little shaggy looking, though.


Yes, there were a lot of problems with this one but we've got to give it points for simple risk-taking.


Yes, you could sort of see the netting underneath and that's of course a huge no-no...


But this is without a doubt, a HUGE improvement over the client's previous look. And if Nicole just could have fine-tuned it (or at the very least try not cutting through her tears), it could have been a real knockout.


And no, we're not going soft just because she turned on the waterworks. To be honest, we thought her outburst was a little embarassingly over the top.


Although it was worth it just to watch Rene go through the motions of comforting her while simultaneously checking himself out in the mirror and ignoring the crying client. He's no Tim Gunn and we wouldn't have the little bitch any other way.


"Whew! We had very emotional day. First I burst into tears at the sight of a bald woman and then I burst into tears when I saw what a shitty job I was doing. So when I say 'we' had an emotional day, I of course mean 'I' did."


"Your story is charming and that's why I am attempting to arrange my lips into a smile. Do you see that?"


"It's easy! Like this, see?"

[Photos: Bravotv.com - Screencaps: Tomandlorenzo.blogspot.com]


Post a Comment

24 comments:

Joanie said...

the Kim Vo/Nicole dialogue takes top honors. I'd call it Queer Genius!

Anonymous said...

Queer Genius INDEED!!

The Lips of Vo had me in hysterics.

Anonymous said...

"trying to arrange my lips..."
Bwahhh-ha-ha. Thank you for that!

Nicole is swinging from her last nerve... she'd cry about anything at this point.

Gotta disagree about Glenn's... so NOT an improvement... she looks like a lobotomized soccer mom.

And Charlie, just go away. Dealing with you would not be worth even the best haircut.

aimee said...

Hee! I love the Kim Vo/Nicole lip-off. You guys are too funny.

I agree -- everything's just meh. There hasn't been one cut yet that's made me want to take a second look. When does Tabitha's new show start???

Ms Sangrail said...

Thank God the watermelon I was eating was seedless. Jeebus, what a mess on my monitor.

Bill said...

When in doubt, go to the Lips of Vo!! Always a good laugh there.

geekyglamgrrl said...

Hahah, I love you guys. My husband was watching the show with me a couple of weeks ago. He hadn't seen Kim Vo before and he visibly jumped when he came on-screen. I nearly fell off the couch laughing.

DuBois said...

I was laughing so hard watching Rene "console" Nicole. Even he can't take his eyes off himself.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the results - not one haircut that I loved for these ladies. Haven't any of them cut/styled wigs before?

Red Seven said...

I didn't think Glenn's look was an improvement either. And a "Hell Yes" about all the tears.

When all the women took their wigs off, I was expecting to hear that they were all receiving huge doses of chemotherapy or something. If that had been the cases and some of these women were NOT LIKELY TO BE ALIVE NEXT YEAR, I could understand all the tears.

Not to be mean, but ... compared to cancer, an auto-immune disorder that causes you to be bald and never have to shave your legs or get a bikini wax ever again isn't nearly so tragic. These gals showed up for a free wig, and if it ended up being not so pretty, they got to keep their old wig. And there's no reason to believe any of them are dying. Not to minimize their plight, but holy crap, why is EVERYBODY CRYING??!!

Gorgeous Things said...

Hahahahahahaha! Snort!

The Lips of Vo deserve their own prime-time special. And who can blame Mr. Hotness Himself for checking himself in the mirror? I wasn't looking at Nicole (or her wigstand) while Rene was comforting her, that's for sure.

Gorgeous Things said...

Oh, I almost forgot - Charlie's girl reminded me of Maria Bartiromo when he finished with her.

Tami S. said...

You better cry and cut! (Sorry, couldn't help myself). The Lips of Vo are shocking. I just started watching this show, and I did a double-take when I saw him. Good Grief! I'm with RedSeven, it's embarrassing for these ladies not to have any hair, but it's not like they're cancer patients, which could be fatal.

Daxx said...

Love the shot of Rene checking in the mirror. I actually liked Charlie's for a second or two but it grew less and less attractive.

I too had originally thought that these ladies were chemo patients. Although I personally believe that there was far, far too much crying over "just" hair, I have seen far too many otherwise sensible people (women AND men) fall apart at the idea of cutting, dyeing or otherwise messing with their hair.

I don't see the point, and granted, this is from someone with his hairline at his blowhole, but there must be something there for these people.

Kasey said...

Was it just me or did Oscar just not like Charlie, it seem kinda queeny-cat fightish rather than constructive critizim. Granted that wasn't Charlie's best work, but damn sure wasn't worthy of a "Helmet" comment.

Save_The_Hobbit said...

"Your story is charming and that's why I am attempting to arrange my lips into a smile. Do you see that?"

I just almost died.

Anonymous said...

I have to say this one thing to all of the posters out there saying people with alopecia don't have a fatal disease so they should just get over the crying. Dear god, don't you people read? Do a little research before posting an asinine comment like that.
While there are cases in which people will develop alopecia and never exhibit any other auto immune symptoms, it is most often associated with thyroid disease, vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and IN MY CASE lupus. (Which by the way CAN be fatal).
They're allowed to shed some tears.

Bacon Lady said...

I'm still happy about Nicole beating the sassypants twins on "the bitch".

I think she's might just pull some shiz out of her ass and make it to the finals.

yarnbeans said...

Seriously, what is wrong with his lips?

hellene said...

Yeah, no kidding. When I first saw the show, I thought it was reconstructive surgery!

After googling him, I just feel sad. He used to be such a fine looking boy.

sixgables said...

I wish I were a cartoonist, just to draw Kim vo. That perfect rectangle mouth...

Anonymous said...

Nicole figured out that creating drama was the only way she was gonna be able to stay on the show!

Jenster said...

The Lips of Vo needs its own show.

Anonymous said...

When is Nekisa going to get gone? She's mouthy, makes excuses, and is soooo annoying. Please go away!

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, you boys make me laugh out loud!