If he has a workshop, we're applying for the elf positions.

Monday, December 11, 2006 by

From the ever-fabulous Emmett, President of the Tim Gunn Fan Club:

"The Tim Gunn Christmas Card Challenge!

For all those fans of Tim Gunn who can't attend our "Warm Yourself" Christmas Event at Emc2 on December 19th from 6-9pm, we thought this would be a great way to show Tim Gunn how much we love HIM!

We will feature all the cards sent to Tim, and the 3 most creative and festive will be on display and will be given a prize of a signed bobble head!

Here are the rules to the challenge:

1. All entries must be postmarked by Friday December 15th, 2006
2. Addressed to:

Mr. Tim Gunn
C/O Emmett McCarthy, EMc2
240 Elizabeth Street
New York, NY 10012

3. Return address clearly marked on the envelope
4. Appropriate postage for weight or size
5. No larger than 6x9"
6. Hand-made Card, not diorama, doll, or fashion garment
7. Paper, pencil, colored pencil, water color, (no pastels, chalks, or charcoal please) fabric
8. A holiday greeting to Tim Gunn inside with your first and last name in the card, and dated.
9. Digital art welcome ( photo of you and Tim Gunn and or Tim Gunn as Santa)

We will be expecting your submissions to reflect Tim's motto: Quality, Taste and Style!"


Get your glue guns, bitches!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If he has a workshop, we're applying for the elf positions."

LOL. I'm sending mine!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I'll see if I have the time to make one.

Anonymous said...

Get you glue gun and send some love to Tim Gunn : - )

DolceLorenzo said...

That's so cool! Ok, I'm not very creative but I'll see what I can do, bitches. By the way, does Emmett ever sleep?

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Emmett! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, just the thought of Tim Gunn reading my Christmas card makes me giggle with joy!

Anonymous said...

"If he has a workshop, we're applying for the elf positions."

I can so see that hahahahaha. Santa Gunn, the Gay Elves, and the reindeer.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sending a card to Tim Gunn. Then, I'm going to get on the phone and tell all my friends about it. The conversation will go like this:

-I just sent a Christmas card to Tim.
-Tim who?
-GUNN, darling. Tim Gunn, darling.
Jealous?

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! Emmett, you're the best!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to do both: Go to the event AND send a card. Is that alright, darlings?

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Hopefully my card will be displayed. Take pictures, boys!!

katiecoo said...

Ignite creative brain, ignite creative brain, ignite creative brain...IGNITE!!! I can't possibly send Tim something aesthetically not pleasing. I think I need to find a cactus. :)

Anonymous said...

"Quality, Taste and Style!"

Absolutely. Tim Gunn deserves the best!!

Anonymous said...

Tim looks cute with his own little Santa hat on his head. I'll send mine.

Anonymous said...

More like glue Gunns!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be the winner of this competition! I'll do whatever it takes, do you hear me Emmett?

Love,

Wendy Pepper

Anonymous said...

I have this sudden desire to make a card of my bobblehead helping me pick out a holiday outfit.
Bobblehead Tim "You're going to have to ameliorate the strap issues"
"I'm concerned about the sturm and drang of all the accessories"
"Perfect! Now Make it Work! Carry on!"

Anonymous said...

I'll ask my daughter to make one. I can't make anything.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'll make it work!

Anonymous said...

"Project Xmas Tim" LOL. That's funny!