Project Runway Canada - Interview with Uncle Nick!

Saturday, December 08, 2007 by
We heard rumors that you were going to be part of PR Canada and we were so excited about it. It seemed natural to us since you have experience as a teacher and mentor. So, how did you feel when they asked you to do it?

I received a phone call from my manager/agent telling me that Project Runway Canada was about to go into production and they wanted me to be part of it, as a mentor. Of course, I responded with a "When can I pick up my round-trip ticket to Toronto?" But, as you have probably seen, I never got to leave LA! I was excited to be part of the premiere season. I felt as you, that as an instructor and designer, it would seem natural for me to be a mentor to these designers. It's what I do now with my 10 Advanced Fashion Design students at FIDM (the school I teach at).

You're also very good in front of a camera. We love to watch your MSN Style Studio videos. You're so fabulously gay and funny. Did you ever think that you'd become a multimedia personality aside from being a designer?

Honestly, I did not. This was not a "master plan" of mine when I decided to sign up to do "Project Runway". A lot of designers going on the show now are more savvy and have a "secret" master plan. I did not. Mine was simple: To show my fabulous and sexy designs to a wider audience so women all over the US--not just LA--could be more aware of the fabulosity that is NIKOLAKI. However, I am ecstatic that this other parallel life has taken afoot. I was always one of those people that sat at home watching these so-called fashion experts giving their uneducated two cents on those post "Oscar's Best and Worst Dressed" shows. I would be frustrated when they would introduce the "fashion expert" and he/she would be the Decorator for "America's Extreme Home Make-Over" for example. Like they could not find anyone in Los Angeles with a resume in fashion, qualified enough to comment? It drove me CRAZY! So I am happy when I am now being asked to do this, because I feel that I have the resume to back it up, as it were. And I try to educate as well as give advice and not be hurtful and unnecessarily mean, as you can see in my MSN Style Studio videos. I love doing those.

Some of our readers think that PR Canada is actually better than S4 because it reminds them of the raw talent of the first seasons of the American version of the show. Do you agree with them? Did you think that the Canadian version was different? Equal to PR US? Better?

Oh my God! You just took the words right out of my mouth! I have to agree, unfortunately, at least from what I have seen so far. I have watched every episode of Project Runway Canada on YouTube or Slice.ca.com in conjunction with our new season 4 and I concur with your readers that the Canadian version reminds me so much more of that raw talent of the first two seasons of the show. In fact, after viewing the first 4 episodes of Project Runway Canada, I emailed one of the executive producers and told her how great it was and how much it reminded me of my Season of the show. She replied by saying that she was honored that I had made that
comparison. I know this sounds cheesy but I am almost tearing up after every episode of PR Canada ends. I am excited to see what the challenges are, what the designers make and what very-critical comments Miss Iman will make.

With the US version, on the other hand , I just haven't felt that emotional connection with the designers and feel somehow that they lack that certain "je ne sais quoi" and spark of passion in their eyes which is very evident in the Canadian designers. I am also intrigued that the Canadian designers seem to do much more and almost have a bit more skill than some of their US counterparts. If you doubt this, just take a look at the "Make a Gown for the Opera Diva" Challenge. With that said, I know this fourth season just started and I am still holding out to make definitive judgments or comparisons. This is just my observations from a very early stage of the season.

Now dish, are you rooting for anyone in particular? Anyone in particular that was difficult to work with?

It was weird. Since they came to LA, to a foreign workspace, a foreign mentor, they were at first a bit hesitant and distant with me. Especially Shernett and Marie Genevieve. In the three short days we shot, I really had to work my "Nick Magic" so they could "warm" up to me. I instantly liked crazy Biddell and Stephen. Stephen's design philosophy paralleled mine. He loves silk jersey and draping and femininity above anything else. Also, he was the most excited to have me be the "guest mentor". He had watched my season and was a big fan. Marie Genevieve, for example, confided in me, saying that she had no idea of who I was, because she doesn't watch TV. I guess to her, I was what Tiki Barber was to every gay watching the recent menswear episode in Season 4!

Biddell was the most difficult to work with, in terms of giving my constructive advice. As he stood there, I could almost hear him saying "You're NOT our regular mentor so back off". But he later warmed up a bit. In terms of rooting for a favorite: I have a feeling it will be between Marie Genevieve and Biddell. Two extremes: Crazy vs. Chic. The third one would be Lucian.

Iman vs. Heidi: GO!

Oh, no you didn't! They are both great (yes, I am going to be very "Switzerland" on this one!). I love Iman's biting critical remarks. She gets so emotional about her comments to the designers. While Heidi is just nice, with a bit of a fun diss here and there. I sense Heidi just doesn't feel as emotionally attached to the designers as Iman does. It would be hard because if I were them, I would be crying after each one left. It's good to "separate yourself", especially when you are a judge.

What are your thoughts on the menswear challenge for PR? You said it was a "sweet redemption" on your blog.

I stand by my "recap" of that challenge. I must admit, however, that I had my second thoughts in posting it. David (my partner) (after reading it) said , "Well, if you feel this way...but be prepared to have readers say things like 'Oh, you bitter Bitch!' " No one has left a comment like that... yet! I said that because it was actually David, in fact, who said it first,while watching the episode. I asked him , "What do you mean?" And he explained. And I said "You're right!". I felt that I got a lot of negative feedback from viewers asking me why I didn't put pockets, why I didn't put buttons, and so on. And yet, it frustrated me that they overlooked the fact that I had finished a fully lined tailored jacket, a placket-front shirt, skinny pants AND a silk scarf, in less than two days! I thought that people just didn't understand what it took to make menswear and that it wasn't easy. Well, after watching this episode, I think the public is more aware and I titled it "Sweet Redemption" because I always thought my Daniel Vosovic suit didn't look THAT bad, especially when compared to what some of these designers put forth on the runway this time around.

Speaking of blogs…your controversial remark on yours about Tim's statement that this is the most talented group: "It's rather insulting for all the actual talent that has been seen from previous seasons who have created marvelous work." Do you still think that? And what DO you think of the current crop so far?

First of all, let me say, that I personally know some of this season's designers and know that they ARE extremely talented. Rami Kashou, for example has been a colleague of mine here in LA and I have been a fan of his work ever since he first came on the scene. His skill with draping and ability to create an entire look for his fashion shows is revolutionary, especially for an LA designer. But I just felt frustrated by Tim and Heidi's statements (which I know they have to make EVERY season to excite the viewing public) because it felt insulting to myself, Chloe, Jeffrey, Kara Saun,etc. We didn't just fall off the turnip truck! We all had established successful businesses, years of expertise in the industry and had proven ourselves within our own geographical centers. We just needed the show to expand our visibilities.

I believe this season's crop is very talented. Are they MUCH MORE TALENTED than the previous ones? That's debatable. I think what Tim and Heidi were trying to convey is that PR4 has a deeper field of talent than previous ones. Instead of what I feel was implied, which is that the top tier designers of previous seasons weren't as skilled, which I definitely don't agree with.

Every time we try to reach you you're off doing something. The last we heard was that you were in Kutztown, PA of all places for an appearance with Jeffrey and you were hosting a FIDM Holiday Event. How did it go?

I know, people constantly joke and say "When do you have time to sleep? You are EVERYWHERE!" You might be shocked to hear that I actually say "No" to a lot of events I am asked to participate in. But, I did say "yes" to going to Pennsylvania to speak to students at Kutztown University along with Jeffrey. I really enjoy doing the "speaking/lecture" circuit and meeting the young fans and up-and-coming designers across the US. I was invited to speak on the subject of the fashion industry as well as on Project Runway, of course. The capacity-filled auditorium went CRAZY when we came on stage and it never let up for the two hours! It was a joy to hear Jeffrey's story of how he got to where he is, which I never really knew. We exchanged stories of the industry and spoke candidly about our experiences. He was very real, no entitlements, no "I'm a Hollywood Star Designer/Diva/Rock Star." None of it. My favorite part of my stint at Kutztown with Jeffrey is how he would know just when to shut me up. I would be going on and on, like "...and when I was in band camp..." Jeffrey would suddenly then interject to the audience and say "I think what Nick is trying to say is... Follow your Dreams!".

As for the FIDM Holiday event. As you may know, I signed a deal with FIDM to be their official spokesperson and was asked to host an event held at the FIDM Scholarship Store. The store is located in the school and has everything from dresses, sweatshirts to gloves, jewelry and fabric. It is all donated by retailers and manufacturers and then sold at a major discount ($5 for a dress!) and the profits go to the students helping them financially. It's a great cause and a great store. We had a fashion show and hosted the event for VIP guests as well as media to let them know that the store is here doing the wonderful things it does and is a perfect one-stop shop for the Holidays.

What's coming up for Nick Verreos and Nikolaki?

Well, I am not slowing down that's for sure. I am a workaholic. I have a really strong work ethic and always feel like I have to be doing SOMETHING. David and I are developing a Contemporary (lower priced) dress line consisting of draped jersey and feminine woven dresses which we'll be selling in February 2008 for Fall deliveries. I am also working on a complete re-do of my Website as well as my blog. I am working with these fabulous web designers, Uber.com, and they will incorporate both blog and website together. They will be completely revamped and updated and the blog will have a whole new look and will be more interactive. Maybe an online boutique, who knows? I will remain at FIDM, teaching as well as hosting many events for the school. I will continue speaking at Universities across the country and am excited to do more segments for Style Studio in 2008. Lots to do. Watch what happens:)

(Debbie Matenopoulos, TV presenter and host of E! recently wearing one of Nick's designs from his recent W San Diego Spring 2008 Collection.)


PR CANADA EPISODE 9: RESORT WEAR GALORE

You can watch Parts 2-6 here.

[Photos: WireImage/NickVerreos.blogspot - Screencaps: ProjectRunGay - Videos: MsRoyaT/YouTube
]

53 comments:

Sage said...

Great interview guys.

I'm waiting patiently for PRC to hit the DirecTV airwaves. Or maybe Santa will bring high speed. :)

Mom said...

Oh, yummy! I'm among the first to the party today! I watched the Nick episode yesterday evening, and I thought he was fantastic. He brought such energy and sensitive enthusiasm to his mentoring, and, boy, was he ever spot on with his assessments of who would be in trouble with the judges and why.

I think I blame the editors for the lack of energy so far on PR4. PRC gives us so much more about the design and construction process, and it's fascinating! There are skirmishing bits of drama, but nothing truly outrageous or contrived. And I like that they let the mentors be mentors: the way Tim is being used (or presented) this season just feels so muzzled and muted. Perhaps he is still teaching just as much as Brian Bailey and Nick have, but we're not seeing it at home.

I also love the designer blogs on the PRC Web site, each one written right after an episode was created. Again, very real and very fresh.

And if Iman is not a Leo, then I will eat a fabric poo train.

Gorgeous Things said...

Loved Uncle Nick on PR2, Loved him in person even more, and loved him on this episode! He is such a sweetie. I'd love to see PR use more PR alums. I think they can give such good perspective to the contestants.

bitchesdye said...

Those Canadians can sew rings around the Americans. Did you hear anyone bitching about doing menswear? Did you see all the detailed pieces Shernett & MG put out? Americans, quit whining and sew!

I love Uncle Nick!

Anonymous said...

God he bugs me...Canada can have him. Is he still complaining about the model switch?

Anonymous said...

I love Uncle Nick! Great interview, guys! Can I just say that I hate Biddell?

Fnarf said...

Nick is awesome. He's never been anywhere NEAR a turnip truck!

Anonymous said...

This season of PRC is definitely much better than the current season of PR. And talk about talent - did you SEE the workmanship on those pants Shernett made???? And she's the one that got kicked off!!!!

GothamTomato said...

"Well, after watching this episode, I think the public is more aware and I titled it "Sweet Redemption" because I always thought my Daniel Vosovic suit didn't look THAT bad, especially when compared to what some of these designers put forth on the runway this time around."



Not to mention what Santino had put on the runway in that challenge. Nick's was another one of those absurd aufings that should never have been.

I can still picture that hideous pantsuit Santino made, that was coming apart at the seams: It might have been good for a lazy stripper with a UPS delivery fetish, but not for Kara & he should have been auf'd for it.

But Nick is adorable & I'm glad to see he's doing well. And I never knew he worked at FIDM. When I was a kid, that's one of the schools I was looking at.

--GothamTomato

Crow Winters said...

Nick was absolutely fantastic as a mentor. I'm torn because I actually like Brian Bailey's technical-minded style a lot too, so I don't want to run out and say "Nick for PRC2!!" Either way, it was fantastic to see him teaching.

Lucian staying boggles the god damn mind, though.

Anonymous said...

What a great episode. Loved Stephens vamp, Biddel's look. I thought Stephen should have won this one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interview with Uncle Nick, TLo! He's the perfect guest mentor for PRC b/c he is emotionally affected by the designers and the outcome of the challenges, just like I am. He seemed so tickled to be there.

As for Shernett's aufing, her outfits were beautifully tailored but not resort wear.

Brian said...

Hmm... I left a comment calling him bitter. I'm glad that qualifies as "no one." I also pointed out the deeper field of talent thing to him. I mean, come on, his season had MARLA. And LUPE. He bugged me the second time I watched his season, and he bugs me the more I see him. His role on PR Canada was pointless; give me Brian Bailey any day.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Nick is fierce. I love him!!
I rooting for Biddell...I know, he's an asshole, but assholes make for great television.

Mary Lynn said...

Oh my, but Lucian was LUCKY not to be eliminated, cause he deserved to go for those awful outfits. I generally love Lucian, but he was definitely the worst this week.

Biddell's outfit was interesting. Through most of the episode I thought he was insane to even think of putting together an ensemble like that for Project Runway. I mean, that greek statue top was crazy. But then when it came down the runway, I turned to my husband and said, "ohmygod--it actually works." I can think of at least two friends who would probably wear Biddell's outfit if they had the chance. What is it Michael Kors said in PR2? "Lighten up, it's just fashion!" That was definitely lightening it up.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a great idea having a different mentor for a challenge. It's nice to hear a different take and perspective on things. Nick did a great job and I was happy to see him again.

Anonymous said...

I love how the judges (PR US included) praise a designer for their whackiness one day and the next day send them home for the same reason. Go fig!

Lilithcat said...

What a great episode! The challenge really was one, and it was fun. And Nick was a fine mentor; his teaching experience showed.

From the judges' reactions, I honestly expected Biddell to win again. Perhaps he didn't because his outfit wouldn't really translate for anyone else! When I first saw what he was doing, I thought, "Oh, lord, I guess we know who's going this week!", but he certainly pulled it off. MG, however, deserved the win, and didn't she look beautiful, too?

I was torn about Shernett's leaving. I do think her pieces, particularly the one she wore, worked far better as resort wear than Lucian's (particularly that high-priced hooker dress). But it was, au fond, a toss-up.

Best clip of the show: Stephen putting on high heels and practicing his runway walk! Frankly, he's a far better runway model than some of those on PR4.

Anonymous said...

Great interview! But who is "David"? Nick mentions him quite a few times...

PR Canada is fantastic. Even the "bad" designs are more exciting and original than anything I've seen on our PR.

Iman is so fierce! I love her. Nick is right that she really seems to care. You can tell that she is passionate and emotionally invested in her work. She really thinks about the designs and has a strong POV.

I don't like how Biddell kept calling Stephen a "bitch". He is vicious and petty.

I hope MG wins it all.

Anonymous said...

" Anonymous said...

Great interview! But who is "David"? Nick mentions him quite a few times..."

That's his boyfriend/partner.

Cool, Boys! I love Uncle Nick!

Suzanne said...

Nick will always be one of my all time faves. Call me corny....but he just seems so unimpressed with himself and down to earth. I was even a bit annoyed at the Canadian designers that they didn't "squee" (love that word- thanks commentors!)more when he arrived.

DolceLorenzo said...

The girl is fierce. LOVE HER! Glad she's doing well in the industry.
This was a great episode. Lucian gets on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

I was glad that Lucien made it through. I think it's valuable for the judges to take into account past successes (and failures). If the US judges had done that we would still have our wonderful Chris - and be done with crybaby.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MG. I hope she wins the show.

Anonymous said...

Nick if you read this blog, I'm a huge fan. Glad to see you are doing well. I hope to see more of you in the future!

P.S. MG or Biddel is going to win unless Lucian pulls out all the stops. He seems to be losing himself. He should go back to more of who he is with some editing.

Kamarile said...

"It's rather insulting for all the actual talent that has been seen from previous seasons who have created marvelous work."

I always took that statement at its face value: ie, the talent pool as a whole is stronger this season than in previous seasons. And that I agree with. Remember that Jay, Kara Saun, Chloe, Jeffrey, etc. weren't the only ones in their seasons... there were also the Starrs, the Marlas, the Vincents, the Angelas, the Wendy Peppers. I think (despite the poor showings for the menswear challenge) that there don't seem to be any really weak links. That makes the season more exciting to me. PR Canada, otoh, has several excellent designers and several really poor ones. Remember Megan? and that lady who made that awful Cleopatra costume? Don't get me wrong, I love PR Canada too, but PR4 doesn't deserve all the hate it's been getting lately. I don't understand.

sixgables said...

I get much more excited for a new episode of PRC. I'm not a Shernett fan, but I did feel for her "I guess I take it too seriously" comment. That had to hurt. She has amazing skill--those pants!--but I don't care for her fashions. And the outfit on the model did not say "resort" to me at ALL. Kinda hated that striped fabric.

Stephen's little catwalk was aDORable. He annoyed me a little at first, but now I would like to carry him around in a bag.

Anonymous said...

Nick is absolute perfection. We was STUNNING on PR Canada, both in look and presence. When some of the designers were standoffish with him, I thought, "You'll be sorry when you figure out later who this gorgeous and eloquant man is!"

When I saw him again, it made me miss the better PR days. I've been vocal in my opinion that PR Canada is 10 times better than PR4. I, too, am hooked into the Canada designer's story lines and fight off tears at the end of each episode. Uncle Nick said what so many of us are thinking. As for the technical aspects, the editing is a night and day difference between the two shows. Additionally, one featured Tiki Barber, and one Uncle Nick. No more need to be said.

Count me in as one gigantic Nick fan. He was a fantastic mentor.

Just one question about PRC: Why did they take all those people to LA just to sew? I don't get it. I was thinking that maybe it was because Nick was too heavily obligated and unable to travel. But he says himself he was ready to go to Canada. Weird.

Anonymous said...

It was a good thing that MG came back. Now if only Carlie could somehow magically reappear! It's good for all when the right people end up in the top three spots at the end.

I loved Stephen's catwalk too! He's so sweet. I think though, that he'll be the next to go. He sometimes takes his eye off the ball and this results in sloppy work.

Anonymous said...

Canada's a huge country with a relatively small population - it would be great if PRC would be used to showcase designers - period.

In that vein, it would be terrific if the producers invited all the eliminated contestants to show three pieces each in a group show before the Final Three show. It would be up the participants to pay their own way to get to the runway and to show (but Bravo should at least toss in the $$ for a shared hotel room again and for make-up/hair).

We'd get to see what talent we missed because of the constraints of the show - or at least be able to kvetch about a designer one more time.

Personally, I'd be really interested in seeing what Megan could come up with (that she didn't have to sew herself) and what Lincoln could do.

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. I just watched the MSN style video. It's fabulous! Laura's on it too! How did that little gem sneak under my radar?

How about the look on the two little girls' faces when they realized who Nick was? LOL!

TLo, you two can really work a blog. I am long overdue to shower you with compliments on how amazing the "experience" is here. I don't know when you find time to actually work. I love it and you.

Anonymous said...

PS - Don't you love how Laura is so asymetrical when she speaks? It's just adorable.

Anonymous said...

agnes gooch said
"And if Iman is not a Leo, then I will eat a fabric poo train."
According to wikipedia, her birthday is July 25, 1955, which makes her most definitely a Leo, but more importantly it makes her 52 YEARS OLD, which blows my mind. What a hot mama.

Alexis

Unknown said...

Anyone else think Nick needs to be in the Laura comic as her trusty sidekick? He could wear a fabulous cape and other grand accessories!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Iman is 52????? NO WAY!!! I refuse to believe it. Impossible! That's the same age as my Mom. That's mind-blowing. Iman looks incredible. She is absolutely stunning. Her skin is flawless. I'm in shock.

Anonymous said...

uncle nick is hot, hot, hot!

my perfect orgy would be with:

a) uncle nick
b) daniel v
c) zac posen
d) rami
e) robert b
e) nina-garcia-fashion-director-of-elle-magazine (i don't know why)

Mom said...

Thank you for looking that up, Alexis! I knew it, I just knew it. That woman is clearly a lioness who loves her little cubs fiercely. I get all choked up watching her get all choked up, bidding adieu to each week's rejected designer.

Anonymous said...

No problem!
I can't remember which designer it was, but with one of them she did the obligatory cheek kissing, but then she grabbed her head and held it to her own forehead. It was touchingly intimate.
I also loved when she said to MG about her swimsuit, "As Bowie would say, 'wham bam thank you ma'am!'" Too cute.

Alexis

Lilithcat said...

Dear anonymice 11:19 p.m. and 1:37 a.m.,

To quote Gloria Steinem on being told she looked great for 50, "This is what 50 looks like!"

Anonymous said...

I guess LA is Canada's Paris - just kidding. It was fun to have them travel. Nick is a great mentor and teacher, but a little less over the top "announcement" or other hosting speeches would help. I think this was an audition tape to see if he could replace the ever dimishing presence of Tim...

Anonymous said...

I agree that Nick was a little over the top and trying too hard at the beginning, but settled down nicely. It was also clear that some of the designers had no idea who he was so the Tiki Barber analogy he used in his blog was dead on.

Stephen is adorable and I'd have given him the win too. MG's outfits were cute but fussy (she's definitely not about clean lines) and didn't seem resort to me. Stephen's did and they were quite nice. Biddell's look was certainly memorable but I'd rather see someone else win. Lucian's style isn't one I'd go for but I thought he'd done better than Shernett overall and was glad the judges used that to make their decision.

I wonder if part of the reason PRC seems better than PR4 is that they haven't started to dip down further in the available talent pool. There are a limited number of designers who meet all of the requirements: are great at designing on the fly and in wacky challenges, can themselves sew, make interesting characters for TV, are willing to participate on a reality show, and can take a month or so off from whatever they do for a living. It's asking a lot so, at some point, you run out of people who meet all those criteria. Maybe PR4 is a demonstration of that.

Unknown said...

He's spot on about the talent.

I think w/ every season, they ramp up the technical ability but the creativity really goes down b/c it's not that viable in the world of retail (think the SJP episode).

Anonymous said...

littlekarnak dijo...
Anyone else think Nick needs to be in the Laura comic as her trusty sidekick? He could wear a fabulous cape and other grand accessories!

I totally agree. laura needs an stylish gay best friend to give her somo of the LA-beach vibe...

Anonymous said...

"Holy crap, Inama is 52!"
Bullsh_t, try more like 65yo. I'm 55 and she was a supermodel doing the NY party thing with Andy Warhol in the 1960s.
So yes, holy crap...she looks GREAT for 70yo! Have you seen any pix of David B.....scary!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I think you guys should stop with the PR canada stuff. I live in the South, and even though I do have direct TV, NOTHING from Canada comes on it. Maybe people in the north can receive tv signals out of Canada, but there is no way it can get to Atlanta. So unless you are personally going to pipe it in to my tv, start another website for that because MOST people have no idea what you are talking about.

Anonymous said...

PR Canada does not hold a candle to the US version.The production values, the inconsistencies in judging , NoName judges, all are confusing to the viewer. I think Slice is trying to create something controversial in the first year. Itis not design competition. The tv network is a reality show based one so you know they are ultra low budget.

It is disgraceful to compare the two. The US company does a much better job all around.

Mary Lynn said...

AtlGay said...

Ok, I think you guys should stop with the PR canada stuff. I live in the South, and even though I do have direct TV, NOTHING from Canada comes on it.

Um...I don't think anyone in the States is watching it on their TV. They're watching it on their computers...hence the youtube links that the PRGayboys keep placing at the bottom of each posting. So, you too, through the magical power of the Internet can view each episode.

And even if you don't watch it, is it such a hardship to skip past the one posting per week they write about PRC?

And also who doesn't love reading interviews with Nick? You don't have to watch PRC to enjoy that.

Anonymous said...

marylynn, it's obvious you live in a city where everything is at your fingertips. In a perfect world that would be no problem. But I have a lovely house in the mountains of North Georgia, outside of Atlanta with beautiful views and breathtaking scenery but no high speed internet. You ever try to watch you tube on dial up? It ain't pretty. So I am sure I am not the only one. My point is, this blog is about PR-USA, that we all can watch. Talking about a show that only a few can watch is unfair to others.

Anonymous said...

Easy kids. You ain't missing much on PRC. The judges, including Iman, appear to have no clue as to what is going on around them. Look like they have a few belts before taping.

The editor from Elle Canada, Rita DaSilva and Shawn Dewson sound and act like total amateurs when commenting on everyones's project.I also haven't heard of many of the guest judges except Heatherette.

Each week judges decisions get stranger and stranger, leading everybody to think they are just in it for the ratings, not to award the best designer. Confusing.

Anonymous said...

Tragedy!!

I just don't get it. Personally, I think Shernett does good work. Granted, she has dropped the ball the last three competitions, but as far as I'm concerned, Stephen has yet to produce something that isn't snore-worthy.

I warmed up to him after the "two male hamsters" comment. I loved it when he told off that snot-nosed Biddell. And I found myself looking forward to his design and hoping he would do well when I saw him strutting in heels.

He's a dear, 'tis true, but, but his designs have been consistently bad or boring. I'm baffled.

Also, Heidi is very pretty, but Iman is positively regal. I feel like I'm watching her hold court (to be read in a respectful not irreverent tone). Project Runway Canada scored an immense coup when they signed her.

Anonymous said...

This was the episode that made it plain to me that I do not understand fashion, since I simply couldn't comprehend how the judges not only didn't eliminate Biddell for his horrible horrible getup, but actually praised him.

Anonymous said...

Who is the little weasel judge who sits up there on the panel wearing weird clothing ? Is he one of Canada's unknown style gurus ?

Sounds like a Smurf.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love Nick! I wish I was able to get his class this past quarter, but sadly his classes are limited and at night. My friend had him though, from what I heard, a great teacher. I'm glad he mentions our school! <3