The Tom & Lorenzo Archives: 2006 -2011
Our current site is here: www.tomandlorenzo.com

Fun in the Sun

Darlings, let's take a look at a little press release from our friends at the Fire Island Pines Arts Project, shall we?

"Shopping on Sunday
With Special Guests from Project Runway

Sunday, June 21, 2009
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Debuting this summer, S.O.S. (Shopping On Sunday), produced jointly by FIPAP and Fund in the Sun Foundation, will give you the chance to combine two cherished obsessions, shopping and working on your tan. With all proceeds supporting LGBT charitable organizations, S.O.S. will feature the most coveted labels from Seventh Avenue, including Calvin Klein, Armani Exchange, Diesel, Prada, Ron Chereskin, and many more. Malan Breton, Emmett McCarthy, and Stella Zotis from Project Runway will present live fashion shows throughout the afternoon under the runway direction of Tom & Lorenzo.

Where else but the Pines can you walk away with a tan, a martini, and a bag full of designer mark-downs after hobnobbing with the fashion elite?

$50 ticket includes VIP preview shopping hour from 11:00 AM to noon. $20 general admission begins at noon."

And now, let's highlight one portion:

"under the runway direction of Tom & Lorenzo."

That's right, bitches! Those silly queens have turned over the power to US and we plan on wielding it! Even better, they've handed over two extra VIP tickets and we're just gonna GIVE them away! We're DRUNK with power!

Now, the event is on Sunday, June 21st on Fire Island (of course), so in order to be eligible, you have to be available and able to travel there on that day. You should probably note that that date is Father's Day, so be prepared to tell Dad to suck it because you have some shopping to do. Here's what you need to do in order to get a VIP pass:

TOMORROW, STARTING AT 11AM, EST, we will be accepting email entries sent to tomandlorenzo@gmail.com. Just send an email with the subject line, "I'm packing my speedos as I type, darlings!" and include your name and mailing address in the email. Do NOT send one before 11 AM, EDT or we will ignore you like the nasty bitches we are and do NOT enter the contest unless you are SURE you can make it to the island on Sunday, June 21st.

Was that enough bolding for you, darlings? The first two entries received after 11 AM EDT will win the passes. If you don't win and you're still interested in going, check out FIPAP's site for all the details on how you can buy a ticket - and check out the list of sponsors and participants. Come on! Emmett, Malan, Stella and US!


[Image: fipap.org]


43 comments:

Wonderful--congratulations, TLo! But must I wear a speedo? xox


Wish I could go - freaking Father's Day:(

Congrats in advance to the winners!

It goes without saying that we expect lots of pics and dish.


"under the runway direction of Tom & Lorenzo."GET OUT!!! Congratulations boys! Who would have thunk it when you started this blogg??? Talk about name branding..WOW!

I wish I could go with all my heart..If I could I would pack my heart shaped sunglasses, my fake Norma Kamali swimsuit, a stretch mesh summer coat that converts into a anti mosquitoe tent that also blocks damaging UV rays, and 14 bottles of Mexican tequila :b


You so totally ROCK, darlings! Alas, I will have to miss it. I need to spend the day with the father of my children. Telling him to suck it usually gets the wrong (?) kinds of results.

Have a blast!


LaFemmeFataledeNY

Fucking awesome, guys! I expect a TON of pictures and full report.


I'm showing up with nothing but a Chanel thong.


I expect video clips and screen caps with commentary from the event! LOL!!


"under the runway direction of Tom & Lorenzo."

AHHHH! So excited for you guys. Congrats!

I'm going to have to try to come... purely because of you fabulous bitches :)


Sewing Siren said, "a stretch mesh summer coat that converts into a anti mosquitoe tent that also blocks damaging UV rays,"

For real?! Or is it your fantasy entry for the TFS challenge? Either way, I love it. (But if it's real, let's see a picture!)

And, sigh, now I'm gonna have to go see if my 20-year old Norma Kamali swimsuit is swimming in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.


Darlings, I KNOW I'm being a pain in the ass, but we're on Eastern Daylight Time now.

Sounds like a blast but I won't be there; it's the First Day of Summer and I have to go do virgin sacrifices with my wiccan sistern or something.


You get fun in the sun, we get dumb-assed hockey hysteria!


I'm jealous. :0)


Finally the recognition you deserve!

I'm so sorry I won't be able to go, because, I've got to tell you, if I could, I would, even if I had to pay for the ticket myself.

It sounds like a fantastic event, a good cause, and I know that having your names attached to it will make it the biggest, bestest ever!


Have a blast! Sounds like such fun.


Gorgeous Things said...
I need to spend the day with the father of my children. Telling him to suck it usually gets the wrong (?) kinds of results.
Excuse me. I have to go clean off my computer monitor!


I think you meant to say 11 am EDT.


Oh wow. Wish I could go, but CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!


bitches, count me in, and congratulations, you deserve more jobs like this!!


11 AM on the east coast, bitches! Is that so hard?


hrm... perhaps I'll bring my father.

and i'm being 100% serious.


Congratulations, guys!! You are IN!! Wish I didn't live halfway across the country!


Carolyn: Just don't get lost in the rambles


Finally, the people in charge are even more fab than the designers!
SQUEEE!


Congratulations! Nobody better to do the job, obviously. I CAN'T WAIT to see the pictures later!


Brooklyn Bomber said...

For real?! Or is it your fantasy entry for the TFS challenge? Either way, I love it. (But if it's real, let's see a picture!)
No, I just made that part up. But the rest is true.


"under the runway direction of Tom & Lorenzo."

How fun! What an undertaking!

I know some have requested screencaps & video clips, and I will of course greet those with eagerness.

What I really, want though, is a lengthy TLo article on the behind-the-scenes adventure. Say, "Fashion-event Production for Fabulous Fire Island Fundraising" or similar.

Not to sound greedy.


Oh man! There's no way I'd be able to make it. I am jade with envy.


By the way who did the poster art for this event? It makes me think of a lot of good things, but mostly I am wondering if I pulled down his speedo would he have a really white ass, like that little Coppertone kid.


Sewing Siren said...

(about event poster graphic) "[stuff cut] if I pulled down his speedo would he have a really white ass, like that little Coppertone kid."

Coppertone ad for grown-ups was exactly what I was thinking when I looked at that!


Fab, bitches!! Lots of pictures of men in tiny speedos.


SS said, "No, I just made that part up. But the rest is true."

Okay, then, I'll look for you and those 14 bottles of Tequila. (You were planning to share, right?)


Congratulations boys! Go ahead and get drunk on that power, you two darlings have more than earned it. Hope you and everyone else have a fabulous time!


How exciting!!! "Under the runway direction of Tom and Lorenzo"....does it get any better than that?? Congrats!!!


Yea ! Tom and Lorenzo ! ! !

I can't go living out here in the Wild Wild West but I really want to go if only to met TLo, Brooklyn Bomber and my Super Fav... Sewing Siren !

Have a great time !


How wonderful! Must live vicariously & only see the fun via the web, hiding my non-Kamali-ready body behind my screen.


CONGRATULATIONS!

and does this make you the "fashion elite" with whom people will be hobnobbing?

amazing, amazing and awesome!


AngryParsnip, I love your name -- it's so out there!


Wow that sounds like a great time, as many others have said I am sad to be on the other side of the country but please splurge on goodies and take TONS of pictures for us!


Congratulations Boys!
Take lots of pics (or get someone else to do it for you), and blog about this event for all of us who can't attend. And have a martini for me!

xoxoxo
kjt


Awesome, guys! Tell Stella that I miss her : )


Am I crazy or was Malan in the crowd at The Today Show listening to Kris Allen this morning.


Congratulations!!! Wish I could be there. Now, when are they going to bring you guys in as guest judges on Project Runway?!?!?!


Piggly sumbitch! I wish I could go! But I live way out West and well...my boss prolly will not allow me to get online and submit my chance to come! Tell Stella I love her and miss her! Can't wait to see what she is up to!





BALMAIN for women

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

Project Runway